Travel insurance is a type of insurance that covers travel-related expenses. This can include medical emergencies, lost or delayed luggage, missed connections and more. The best way to protect yourself is by getting an affordable travel insurance quote before you leave on your trip.
It’s a good idea for anyone who travels—it’s better to have it than not. However, travel insurance is not a replacement for health insurance.
Top Reasons for Getting Travel Insurance
- You want to travel with peace of mind.
- You won’t have to worry about the cost of your medical emergency or flight cancellation.
- You won’t have to worry about lost baggage or a lost passport.
- Travel insurance covers you in case of an emergency, so you can focus on enjoying your trip without stressing about what could go wrong while traveling.
What Does Travel Insurance Cover?
Your travel insurance may cover a variety of things, including:
- Emergency medical evacuation. If you’re hospitalized for an injury or illness that occurs while traveling, your travel insurer can help pay for an emergency medical evacuation. This means that if you need to be transported from one hospital to another quickly and efficiently, the insurance company will pay for your transportation and any related costs.
- Trip delay and cancellation. If a covered reason prevents you from leaving on time (or at all), this coverage will reimburse any nonrefundable expenses such as hotel stays or airfare changes due to the trip being delayed or canceled.
- Lost luggage reimbursement. Just like your car insurance pays for repairs when something happens to your vehicle, travel insurance pays for lost luggage reimbursement—up to certain limits—when things go awry with baggage during a trip.
If you’re looking for travel insurance, make sure that it covers your needs. There are various types of travel insurance policies available and they all provide different types of coverage. You should look at these factors before deciding which policy is best suited for your needs as well as budget
Aspen Insurance Agency is a family run business in Denver, Colorado servicing clients nationwide. We work with multiple insurance carriers to offer our customers a wide variety of risk reduction coverage at the lowest possible cost. We provide a wide range of insurance products from personal to commercial, so you can find the best rates for your needs. Call to speak to one of our insurance advisors for home, auto or business insurance and see how painless insurance shopping can be.